SOHAppenings

A little taste of my experiences over the next year or so. This blog will take place mostly in SOHA (South of Harlem) where I will be living and attending Columbia grad school. This year will be a time of changes; my sister getting married, my parents move from Highland Park to Cleveland, suddenly my friends are going through adult transitions, and my own adjustment to the Big Apple as well as trying to figure out my life.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Bash at Buxbaum's

So for those few people in the world who didn't hear the squeals and laughter coming from Philadelphia last night, Rachel Buxbaum is back in America! You may remember her from my previous blog in which she featured as my roommate for 3 months in Jerusalem and then my buddy over the summer. Also at the party was Emily Siegel, long time friend I met at Ben Gurion University, then followed to WUJS and Seeds of Peace. The special surprise guest was Sam Krentzman, who we snuck in if not gracefully at least creatively. Sam just moved to NY and is working for NYU while working on his music so that I can bring a group of my new friends to listen to him play. For a taste of his music go to http://www.myspace.com/samkrentzman.
(Pictured: Sam surprising Rachel)

It was wonderful. Wonderful to see Rachel's mom again, a dynamite of a lady, and to see her house for the first time. Wonderful to hang out with Emily again, my long lost twin. Wonderful to get to hang out with Sam, trade stories about living with Yohoshua (we both has the incredible pleasure, though Sam had double the time and intimacy in those little Arad apartments) and listen to him play some of our old favorites and a new song. Wonderful also to meet Rachel's friends who adorned our shared walls. I didn't get to see a new side of her, Rachel is just the same, maybe only more so herself. Wonderful. Perhaps you are thinking that Rachel's idea of a party may not be my idea of a party, and this is true, but I had a great time and was very comfortable with everyone. We missed all the people who couldn't be there: Yella obviously must be named.
(Pictured: Sam playing us a few diddys)

The gravy on top is I used public transportation all by myself from NY to Philly and had no problems. This means I could make this trip again (not often) but a few times and this means I could see Jon Feldman from highschool in Israel for the first time in years! I live for the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home