SOHAppenings

A little taste of my experiences over the next year or so. This blog will take place mostly in SOHA (South of Harlem) where I will be living and attending Columbia grad school. This year will be a time of changes; my sister getting married, my parents move from Highland Park to Cleveland, suddenly my friends are going through adult transitions, and my own adjustment to the Big Apple as well as trying to figure out my life.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

4am Brawl

Gosh, Kinneret, it's 4:40 in the morning, what are you doing up?
Gee, nothing much, there was just a little gang violence over a prostitute going on outside my window
Gang violence! What to do you mean?
I was woken up be a lot of screaming, not nice words either, and when I looked out my window 4 men were fighting outside of a black car.
But a gang?
There was a lot of talking going on, and their were three guys yelling at just one man and it seemed if there weren't serious consequences, they would have taken him. And the matching baggy clothes and baseball hats of the three guys helps.
And there was a woman?
She seemed to be with the three guys. She was kind of running around screaming while they were running around screaming, then when the single guy left she started fighting with the three guys.
No one hurt her?
The guys were kind of throwing her around, but nothing too physical.
But you think she was a prostitute? What lead you to that conclusion?
Well, she was in a cute little short shorts and matching halter number with a large belt
And?
And it's below 50 degrees outside
Ah
And after the fight, between the men, and then the fight with her and the remaining guys, she walked down the street with quite a strut while the three guys got back in their car.
Wow
Well I called the police, but it didn't strike them as much of an emergency. Once the car was pulling away the operator hung up on me.
And so it goes....

Sorry, at 4 am Kinneret can only think in third person dialogue

1 Comments:

Blogger Random said...

beautiful kinneret. I like the 3rd person, I think you should use it more...

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home