SOHAppenings

A little taste of my experiences over the next year or so. This blog will take place mostly in SOHA (South of Harlem) where I will be living and attending Columbia grad school. This year will be a time of changes; my sister getting married, my parents move from Highland Park to Cleveland, suddenly my friends are going through adult transitions, and my own adjustment to the Big Apple as well as trying to figure out my life.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finals are Finally Over

I am exhausted, and finals are over. Now I just don't know what to do with myself. I'm looking at a long break when most people will be out of town. So I'll mostly be acting as the 7th wheel on some German dates and hanging out with Shira. If you're a friend, come visit! In this blog, I will offer you a few of my favorite sites, the kind that I have turned to in my times of need these past weeks of studying/ writing.

Asofterworld: This mix of photos and offbeat plots make for some funny, dark, comic strips
Go Fug Yourself: These girls critique the fashionable so trendy they're ugly. They say what's in my head, just how I wish I could say it.
Rate My Professor: This may only be fun for undergrads, but I still get a kick out of it
The Brick Testament: Legos plus Torah study, what's not to love? (I find the blood amusing)
Tolerance: Education for all sorts of Peace Ed related stuff, well I find it fun
Words Without Borders: Short stories from around the world, translated conveniently into English!
Chromasia: Simply the most stunning photographs I've ever seen
Found: The stories of things found anonymously
This American Life: Radio shows that tell three stories related to a special theme, I love NPR!
Sodoku!: need I say more? I can now manage the medium ones!
PostSecret: Secrets people can only tell anonymously through postcards

Enjoy your break, or make one of your own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home