SOHAppenings

A little taste of my experiences over the next year or so. This blog will take place mostly in SOHA (South of Harlem) where I will be living and attending Columbia grad school. This year will be a time of changes; my sister getting married, my parents move from Highland Park to Cleveland, suddenly my friends are going through adult transitions, and my own adjustment to the Big Apple as well as trying to figure out my life.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dirty Secrets...

We all have them, and hide them. I'm going to put some of my guilty pleasures out there, I guess somewhat embracing my faults rather than "resolution"ing them away.

Robin Thicke's music video for Brand New Jones (just click on Windows Media to play). I first saw this video back in Israel when I was in Kiryat-Gat during the summer of 2003. There wasn't much to do there, and one of the few channels we got was a very ghetto-MTV that only had 5 songs on a 15 minute cycle. There was Beyonce's Crazy in Love, and this song by (oh yes) Alan Thicke's son. Every 15 minutes the tv was on so I could witness his little dance in the last .5 seconds again!

I love the film 28 Days Later. A bizarre zombie-British-thriller, I truly love it. Something about the London scenes and Cillian's eyes, and Brendan's beard, and the laundry baskets used as pointless water containers really gets me. I first saw it at college with a friend, she fell asleep and I watched it two more times in the next 24 hours.

When in doubt, on any topic, I turn to ynr.blogthins.com/quizzes. Do I drink too much? Am I ready to date again? How blond am I? Am I pregnant? (no, it's right!) It's almost always right, always! Try it yourself (you can keep the results a secret if want).

Only one person, Yohoshua, knows this. Sometimes, and this very rarely, I get a craving for tuna-noodle-salad. It's gross, truly, but every about 3 times a year, I must have it. Poor sweet Yohoshiyahu had to eat it too when he lived with me this summer, but since he's British and has no taste buds, it wasn't a problem.

No one really posts on here with their responses, but it would be cool if you did this time. Just a little secret of your own, you can keep it anonymous... think about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home