SOHAppenings

A little taste of my experiences over the next year or so. This blog will take place mostly in SOHA (South of Harlem) where I will be living and attending Columbia grad school. This year will be a time of changes; my sister getting married, my parents move from Highland Park to Cleveland, suddenly my friends are going through adult transitions, and my own adjustment to the Big Apple as well as trying to figure out my life.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Spring Fling

Now that the school year is coming to an end, the parties have begun.

At the office we had a cake-break for the birthdays of the last few months as well as saying goodbye to a number of the interns (myself included). There have also been Tanenbuddy parties out of the office, such as after-conference drinks with my Ed Team (Chisato and Joy pictured) and an improv night in support of Luke (it was his group's best performance yet!).


IHouse has it's final Sunday Supper to bring the year to an end, complete with a candle lighting ceremony. (pictured: Anmol and Me; Kelly, Jason, Me, Sandy, Matt, Golnar, Cyrus, Marie, Preston)


Not pictured, though I'm waiting for one pic for sure, is a great informal gathering at the Brooklyn Museum to see the Murakami exhibit. I was shocked to find I actually kind of like the Murakami line of Louis Vuitton bags. I had actually seen his work before at the Denver Museum of Art and been really struck by it, so it was quite a treat to be amongst his pieces again. From the museum, where I hung out mostly with Sarah and briefly passed my invitees from IHouse, we went to Barette, a gogo bar in Brooklyn to meet up with Anna and Will, two of the nicest people I know. I have this idea about moving to Brooklyn, hanging out with those two at night, and belonging to a garden coop. Something like that. More to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home