SOHAppenings

A little taste of my experiences over the next year or so. This blog will take place mostly in SOHA (South of Harlem) where I will be living and attending Columbia grad school. This year will be a time of changes; my sister getting married, my parents move from Highland Park to Cleveland, suddenly my friends are going through adult transitions, and my own adjustment to the Big Apple as well as trying to figure out my life.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Last Interview

I had my second interview with Xxxxxxxxx Xxxxxx (the prestigious one that's not a cult). I ended up meeting with two of women who are high up in the organization. Lady A asked the predictable questions about where I saw myself in 3, 5, and 10 years. Then I had to sit for almost an hour before the next woman, the vice president, arrived for our meeting. While I was sitting I chatted with Naaz, a friend from TC who interned with the org but was leaving for personal/ managerial differences. I helped her out with her very artsy craftsy project and we chatted about our school projects and upcoming fun stuff. While we were sitting my competition came in. A very formally dressed young man named Christian. I chatted him up a bit, him not knowing that I was searching out his weaknesses to exploit. He studies history and South Asian studies at NYU. Very suspicious. Finally the vice president came in and she gave me about 5 minutes of her time. Her big question: Sell me this pencil. So I add libbed, "This is a great investment because it not only writes, but erases too. It's brightly colored so you can't lose it and it's so light and small you can carry it in your purse or pocket. And if a mall stands too close to you in an elevator, you can stab him with it." The last part got a laugh, and she asked me if I really did peace studies.

What will I get? What will I accept? What the hell am I doing with my summer? Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home