SOHAppenings

A little taste of my experiences over the next year or so. This blog will take place mostly in SOHA (South of Harlem) where I will be living and attending Columbia grad school. This year will be a time of changes; my sister getting married, my parents move from Highland Park to Cleveland, suddenly my friends are going through adult transitions, and my own adjustment to the Big Apple as well as trying to figure out my life.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Spring Calendar

School has started up once again! Already I'm feeling the crunch, and I haven't even really begun yet. My schedule is pretty full, which I hope will keep me in line and away from the tv and not making the most of my time. I'm working at One Voice on Mondays and Tuesdays, and on Tuesday I also have Multicultural Approaches for Teaching Young Children. Wednesdays there is Theories of Educational Development and Thursdays I have a course in Peace Education.

This doesn't include the Conflict Resolution course I'll be taking for two weekends, 9-5 Friday-Sunday and another course which begins in March on Wednesdays and Fridays in Emergency Ed. I'm tired just thinking about it, but then I'm always tired. I know, it looks like a lot of free time, but factor in readings (which will be put off to the last minute), social activities, and academic activities, and I hope I'll be pretty busy.

The great thing about everything starting up is that a whole new group of people have arrived at I-House and I'm really enjoying the new friends I'm making. I'm trying to eat more at the cafeteria and do more social activities so that I really get a chance to hang out with everyone. I think I might be voted most social person in the North building (made up mostly of couples and loners). There are a few people I've run into that I'd rather not meet again, but what can you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home